Tuesday, May 03, 2011

It Will Fall

Do you remember the Silence?
that time I spoke
I recorded it for you

maybe you need to reflect
memory's important, you know
maybe you saw something of use
in the corner of your mind's eye

what's behind you?
oh, sorry, just a breath of air
did it tickle?
I didn't know the quiet breathed. A rattle-y breath
perhaps a child's rattle?

What are you speaking of, dear sir
I'm afraid you make no sense
silly man, can't even keep your bowtie straight.

allow me to fix that for you
but oh? what's this?
something is flashing.
What's wrong with your hand?
Why, I'm afraid I can't remember.

Now now, look at me
you're going to turn around and fix my bowtie

now, tell me what the Silence looked like
what did it feel like
how did it sound.

I don't know.
Neither do I.

Maybe you should check your messages.
back up a step.
didn't I capture it for you before this?
the silence in words
it must be around here somewhere...
my alien senses tell me you need to look down.


One, two, three, four, five
the harder you look, the more you'll find
the world will blossom into colour
when you see something seldom sought.


*If you can guess what this was inspired by, I will be quite pleased (also, the spacing at the end is being irritating)

No comments:

Post a Comment